Creative challenge for photographer, filmmaker, hobbyist and tourist! Sponsor Visit Moerdijk and So Dutchie challenge you: take a photo or video about the tourism in Moerdijk. See at the bottom of this text a supplement about the outlying area and cities of the municipality of Moerdijk.
Which undiscovered spot, beautiful experience or catchy emotion in the area Moerdijk finds your creative eye and does your lens capture? Stroll through the versatile region of West Brabant, within the border areas of municipality of Moerdijk.
Which undiscovered spot, beautiful experience or catchy emotion finds your creative eye in area Moerdijk?
Until February 1, 2024 you can submit your photos and videos to your own free maker account at sodutchie.com. Use the tag ‘So Challenge Moerdijk’ in the upload ‘tag’ box so that your entry can participate.
An independent jury looks through all entries and ultimately chooses the winning photo or video. What’s there to win besides recagnision
- The winner receives a €300 reward and extra media attention.
- Get extra mention and publication for entries that are ‘most striking’ and ‘most emotional’.
- Your work gets all the credit and publicity. The winning entry will stay on top for at least 1 month on the website So Dutchie and forever as the winner on the page ‘Challenges‘.
- Also there are various publications in the social media and newsletter of So Dutchie.
- Various publications in the social media and website of Visit Moerdijk and your submission will have a nice physical presentation in the municipality.
Anyone over the age of 18 can participate in this challenge. As a hobbyist, tourist or professional. Creating a profile on So Dutchie is free, as is downloading the images. So you can you Always show your submission to everyone and see what your fellow makers submit for beautiful things.
Need some inspiration? Check out the sponsors website: visit Moerdijk
Brief of the Visit Moerdijk challenge:
You can of course determine your own creative angle, but we will provide you with a framework on which the entries of this challenge will be viewed by the independent jury.
- Your image will preferably contain one or more of the creative pillars below.
- We do not want content with any industry from the Moerdijk Industrial Area!
- And preference is given to images with people, daily life and recreation from a positive angle.
- Water – From the deep-rooted connection with the water that forms this area, invite we invite you to record the active involvement with water in all its facets. Water brings movement, it connects this area with the Biesbosch and Zeeland. Step on one of many ferries or grab a boat yourself and go on an adventure through creeks, rivers and locks. young and old dwells in and around the water, for entertainment, a bit of peace and/or relaxation. We meet each other by the water. And we remember what the water can do. And in the fight against the present sea level rise, will we keep it dry here? Or find the silent witnesses of the flood disaster of 1953 and the Saint Elisabeth flood in 1421 that engulfed cities until they sunk city.
- Green – Embrace the vast nature and farm landscapes that the West Brabant region has to offer is. Capture the many opportunities for recreation in the vast countryside, where residents feel at home in the vast tranquility or be more active. Cycling- and walking routes that take you through landscapes of small town take them to the city, where you can buy local regional products along the way, originating from the fertile farmland, direct from the farmer.
- History – Delve into the past and visualize the rich history of the region. Catch the essence of the ancient defense lines and fortified cities that were deployed around Holland against uninvited guests, such as the Spaniards, Germans and French. The Defense Line of Willemstad in the Zuiderwaterlinie formed the defense with water. Discover the military heritage, like many fortresses that still leave tangible memories in this area.
- Poort van Brabant – Cross the Moerdijk bridge and you are in Brabant. You notice it right away: local dialects and the Brabant mentality that mixes with influences from the Randstad. Per city, this is differently embedded in the population. Experience the dynamics of the Poort van Brabant and explore the contrasts that makes this area unique. Record how the clay and the sand meet, how the water and the land interact, be in harmony. Immerse yourself in the contrasts between Brabant and Holland, the Catholic and the protestant, and the pride to be a Brabant citizen or to be accepted as one top lock. Where we always meet again on a crowded, cozy terrace, while enjoying a sausage roll or fries with a local beer and we toast to this Burgundian life.
With your creative talents we can discover the story of the specific area Moerdijk in West Brabant, and show the world how much beauty and diversity this region has to offer. Share your most impressive images with us, and help us to inspire others to discover this special part of the Netherlands. Together we can create the unique capture and cherish the essence of this place for generations to come.
Location of municipality of Moerdijk.
The municipality of Moerdijk consists of 11 characteristic places, beautiful pieces of polder landscape and is surrounded by water. It is a municipality with almost 37,000 inhabitants. As the crow flies from Zevenbergschen Hoek to Willemstad almost 25 kilometers. Moerdijk is the second largest municipality in North Brabant in terms of area.
The centers and villages that form Moerdijk each have their own character. Some are agricultural, others are mainly historical or have urban features. Each core has a friendly and hospitable atmosphere. With a very active and lively club life. It is good living in area Moerdijk. Anyone looking for urbanization will feel right at home in Zevenbergen. On the other hand, the cores of Klundert, Standdbuiten, Fijnaart and Willemstad exude an atmosphere of small-urbanity and rural tranquility.
History is also alive in Moerdijk. Especially in Willemstad and Klundert there are well-preserved fortifications, monumental buildings and attractive streets. Thanks to Napoleon, Willemstad got two more forts in the 19th century, which can still be visited today: Fort Sabina and Fort de Hel. Water played an important role over the years and is still an important factor. The abundance of water in and around Moerdijk offers water sports enthusiasts plenty of opportunities.
The location of Moerdijk is favorable. With Rotterdam only 40 kilometers away and Antwerp 60 kilometers away, Moerdijk has a central location. Thanks to first-class infrastructure, these and surrounding cities can be reached in no time. The municipality of Moerdijk is an important economic engine for the region and offers employment to more than 10,000 people through the seaport, industry and activity. Municipality of Moerdijk is a lively municipality where it is extremely attractive to work, live and recreate.
Do you have questions or tips?
Go to: https://sodutchie.com/faqs/ there you will also find the technical requirements
what your content must meet. Such as, for example:
– photos always JPG in high resolution (so no RAW!) at least 300 DPI.
– photo ratio preferably 3:2 horizontally and 2:3 vertically, one side at least 4000 pixels.
– video always full HD 1080 px, MP4, preferably 16:9 image format.
– video duration between 0:05 and 0:59 seconds.
– minimum video bit rate 5 Mbps.
– remember that people in the photo ALWAYS give permission for public publication. YOU are responsible for that!
See what other photographers and filmmakers have already submitted here. Be inspired and surprise us with your creative view of this Dutch tourist area.